The Platforms are owned and operated by Emirates Cuisine Solutions LLC, a limited liability company incorporated in Dubai, whose principal office is at Airport Road, PO Box 22525, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. We are a joint venture and our shareholders are Emirates Flight Catering Company LLC (part the Emirates Group (“Emirates Group”), which includes (but is not limited to) the following entities and/or divisions: Emirates, dnata, dnata World Travel, and associated brands and/or companies from time to time), and Cuisine Solutions Inc.
You can contact us:
- by post, to PO Box 22525, Dubai International Airport Road, Dubai, UAE;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
How this Privacy Statement applies
This Privacy Statement applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to your personal data as a visitor of our website and/or user of our products or services; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
We will only process your personal data in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement if you have specifically agreed or consented to us doing so (for example through your explicit acceptance of this Privacy Statement or via an electronic tick-box or other similar measures as required by applicable data protection laws) or if we have legitimate grounds to do so.
The personal data that we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Platforms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide if you register to use our Platforms and when you report a problem with our Platforms. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. We will only process sensitive data if you have provided your explicit consent to do so for the specific purposes indicated therein.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Platforms we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our contact centre.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other sites we operate or the other services we provide. We may work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
We will combine the information that we collect automatically from you with any other information that we collect directly from you or about you (see “Aggregate data, data analytics and social media functionality” below).
From time to time we may update the methods of collection and data fields above. Where there are significant changes we will endeavour to notify you in accordance with the section “Notification of changes to this Privacy Statement” below.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely; monitoring and improving our website and services; the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract; the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users; and/or the proper management of our customer relationships.
How we use personal data?
We use the information provided in the following ways:
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by email or other forms of communication, and we may keep a record of these contacts including call recordings (to the extent permitted by applicable law);
- To maintain the integrity of our network and address security issues, to investigate or take action regarding violations or suspected violations of law or our terms;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Platforms is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for recruitment purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Platforms about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- As you may authorise or consent to additionally from time to time.
Working with other service providers and Emirates Group companies
For operational reasons, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this Privacy Statement, we transfer personal data to service providers and Emirates Group companies who help us manage our systems and processes, and to deliver our products or services to users. These may include: our data warehouse and customer relationship management centre, marketing organisations (who may provide support for marketing and promotional communications); internet service providers who administer our Platforms and provide internet services and host our facilities; chauffeurs, airport ground handling and assistance teams, car services agencies, IT service providers, and consumer research companies that assist us with understanding consumer interests by conducting surveys.
We have implemented safeguards to ensure that our service providers treat personal data in a way that is consistent with the terms of this Privacy Statement and applicable laws, and that it is not used except to fulfil products or services to us or where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the products or services we offer.
These service providers and group companies may be located in your country, countries in the European Economic Area, in the United Arab Emirates or elsewhere in the world. Different privacy laws may apply in these countries. See further detail in our “Transfer of Personal data” section below.
We have summarised some rights that you may have under applicable data protection law. You should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You (may) have the following rights:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us.
Access to your personal data
You may have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, receive a copy of personal data we keep about you, including the sources of the data, the purposes and methods of processing, any electronic decision-making and the entities with whom we share your data. We will endeavour to provide the information you require within a reasonable time. There may be a small monetary charge for some requests, depending on the information requested, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Correction/updating of personal data
If your personally identifiable information changes or is inaccurate, we will provide a way to correct, update or suppress your personal data provided to us. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect please contact us. These rights are without prejudice to any legal rights you may have in applicable laws, including your right to object to certain processing of data.
Unless processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, you may have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay when (i) the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; (ii) you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; (iii) you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law and we would not have overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; (iv) the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and (v) the personal data have been unlawfully processed.
Restriction to processing
You may have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data when (i) you contest the accuracy of the personal data; (ii) processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; (iii) we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and (iv) you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection.
Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data.
However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
Objection to processing
Unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, you may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: (i) the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or (ii) the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal data.
You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- consent; or
- that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means;
you may have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Complaint to a supervisory authority
If you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes data protection laws, you may have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory body responsible for data protection.
Withdrawing your consent
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent, you may have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You do not have to provide us with your personal data. However, if you choose not to provide certain personal data we request and/or require, or consent to its use and disclosure, you will still be able to visit our Platforms but you may be unable to access certain options, products or services.
We will take appropriate steps to protect the personal data you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your personal data. We invest significant resources to protect your personal data, from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
Protecting your details and protecting yourself against internet fraud
Here are some simple steps you can take to ensure your information is kept securely:
- Be aware of “Phishing”, which is where someone tries to represent themselves as someone else to gain information from you – always check whether emails from any sender are actually from them, and if in doubt, go directly to their website and do not click on links in emails, as these may take you to “clone” websites which use your information illegally.
Aggregate data, data analytics and social media functionality
We may aggregate personal data and remove any identifying elements in order to analyse patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse Platform use, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our Platforms’ content, layout, products and services, and we may appoint third parties to do this on our behalf, as set out above.
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our Platforms. This information may include which webpage you just came from, which webpage you next go to, what browser you are using, your device and your IP address. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of our Platforms, and do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you.
If you use buttons on our Platforms linked to social media or similar sites (for example “Like” and/or “Share” buttons), content from our Platforms may be sent back to that other website or service and, depending on your privacy settings, may be privately or publicly visible (for example to friends, followers or generally to anyone who has access to your profile page).
Cookies and other tracking technologies
See also our section on “Aggregate data, data analytics and social media functionality” above.
Do Not Track
Our Platforms may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of web sites not operated by us or an entity in the Emirates Group. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by our Platforms.
Transfer of your personal data
SOME PARTIES THAT PROCESS OR STORE PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT MAY BE LOCATED IN JURISDICTIONS OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE OR OUR COUNTRY OF INCORPORATION. THEREFORE, BY GIVING YOUR CONSENT, YOU UNDERSTAND AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY AGREE THAT YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED AND STORED IN THESE JURISDICTIONS AND THAT DIFFERENT PRIVACY LAWS MAY APPLY IN THESE COUNTRIES WHICH MAY NOT ENSURE THE SAME LEVEL OF DATA PROTECTION AS GRANTED IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.
We only make these arrangements or transfers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect any information held in that country or that the service provider acts at all times in compliance with applicable privacy laws. Where required under applicable laws we will take measures to ensure that personal data handled in other countries will receive at least the same level of protection as it is given in your home country.
Transfers will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses, a copy of which can be obtained from our legal team.
In the event your personal data is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and we may be required to disclose it to the courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in those jurisdictions but we will only do so where required by applicable laws.
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
- recruitment data will be retained for a period of twelve  months following the date the role applied for is filled.
Notwithstanding the above, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Notification of changes to this Privacy Statement
If we decide to change our Privacy Statement, we will post those changes on our Platforms. If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time it was collected (and/or where we are required under applicable law) we will notify you. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personal data in this different manner. We will use personal data in accordance with the Privacy Statement under which the personal data was collected until you agree otherwise, but if you do not accept the amended Privacy Statement, please stop using our Platforms. Each version has a version number and date so you can check this easily.
If you experience any technical problems during your interaction with the Platforms, please contact us here: email@example.com
Queries, concerns or complaints regarding your privacy or this Privacy Statement: If you have queries regarding this privacy statement please contact us.
Not accepting these cookies may affect your use of our Platforms. See below for more information about what cookies are, the tracking technology we use, and how we use them.
- What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file that is placed and stored on your browser or device by a platform. Cookies allow a website owner to distinguish the activities carried out from your device from other users of that website. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser or device if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- What types of cookies we use and how they work – Our Platforms use both session and persistent cookies, and first and third-party cookies.
Session cookies exist just for your session on our Platforms and persistent cookies exist for a longer period and are activated each time you visit our Platforms.
First party cookies are cookies set by our Platforms and third-party cookies are set by third party platforms.
Functional Cookies – these are cookies that are essential for the operation of our Platforms. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, progress or complete an order or make use of other online services we provide. If you disable these cookies, then you may not be able to use our Platforms fully or at all.
Local Storage Objects – we may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Platform preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
- How can I reject cookies and/or delete existing cookies? – Modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can set your browsers or devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features. Each browser is different, so check the ‘help’, ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can also visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/ (opens in a new tab) which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. This site includes details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
In relation to advertising cookies, if you are in the EU you can use the YourOnlineChoices.eu (opens in a new tab) website which allows you to set which advertising cookie providers you accept, and which you do not.
The following website gives information specifically about privacy (opens in a new tab) issues around Internet advertising: YourOnlineChoices.eu (opens in a new tab) – as referred to above this allows you to set which advertising cookie providers you accept.
Detailed information about cookies
In the table below is a list detailing some examples of the different cookies that our Platforms use. The table sets out information explaining the purpose of these cookies and where applicable, includes links to further information that may be of use.
EMIRATES CUISINE SOLUTIONS’ COOKIE USE
|Functional||Portal Created(Laravel)||XSRF-TOKEN||To Check the session expiry.||Session||https://laravel.com/docs/5.3/csrf|
|Functional||Portal Created (Laravel)||laravel_session||Internally laravel uses laravel_session to identify a session instance for a user||Session|
|Functional||Wordpress||wordpress_XXX||(X indicates a number, which can vary)|
The cookie is used to store information about user authentication on the site, allowing their use more convenient and quick.
|Functional||Wordpress||wordpress_logged_in_XXX||(X indicates a number, which can vary)|
The cookie takes care of storing the status of user authentication.
|Functional||Wordpress||wordpress_test_cookie||It is a cookie that checks if the browser is enabled to save cookies or not.||Session|
|(X indicates a number, which can vary)|
These cookies have no impact on the experience of navigation and do not contain personal information. They contain information about the geographical location of the visit and can be used to change the language of visualisation site content.